I’m feeling a little down today. Maybe it’s the weather. I thought I might pick up on the other posts I wanted to write but I can’t quite muster the enthusiasm so I’m just going to make a list of things that make me smile.
– “Do you ever wonder how many random tourist photos you’re in the background of?”
– That silent conversation with an artist when you view their work. The moment you begin to imagine you can understand what they wanted to say or simply appreciate that they wanted to share what they saw.
– Walking past a row of houses and wondering what kind of story lies behind each door.
– Telepathic conversations with friends across a crowded room, or a boring class.
– That spark of excitement that accompanies an unexpected idea or thought
– Finding the perfect gift for someone
– The smell of a home cooked meal as you walk in the door
– Heavy-eyed conversations about ‘the big questions in life’ in the middle of the night
– Staying up all night to finish a great book, then having trouble remembering it the next morning.
– Deliriously tired laughter at everything and anything
– Coffee, brunch and the newspaper at your favourite cafe on a rainy winter morning.
The list goes on but I’ll stop here. Feel free to add (: